Data Centre Server Engineer
Job Location: Istanbul- Turkey
Job Number: 8006631
Data Center Server Engineer. We are looking for an experienced data center engineer to join a team of highly skilled technology experts, supporting HP and VMware data center infrastructure.
- Manage technical operations of VMware platforms.
- Design, test and implement enhancements and improvements.
- Monitor platform performance, capacity, availability and compliance.
- Manage and drive platform maintenance activities.
- Take ownership for critical incident resolution, driving issues to closure.
- Rapidly troubleshoot and solve complex technology problems to restore production system availability in a structured manner.
- Proactively monitor & manage events to maintain critical production systems availability
- Review, maintain and ensure end-to-end architecture diagrams for critical services to assist in upstream and downstream impact assessment and causal analysis
- Review root cause of incidents and work with appropriate resources to ensure continuous improvements of technology environment and products
- Apply effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business service impacts.
- Maintain and analyze metrics to identify trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs
- Plan implementation work in consultation with client management.
- Ensure service management operational processes are applied properly and consistently.
3+ years of experience providing data center operations services and expertise to enterprise clients is required, specifically:
- VMWare Operations
- Windows Server Operations (preferably Microsoft Windows Server 2012)
- Resolution of Major Incidents
- Monitoring Critical Infrastructure
Working knowledge of the following is required:
- Storage technologies (preferably EMC technologies – Data Domain, VNX, Isilon).
- Compute technologies, including CI and HCI platforms (preferably EMC VxBlock, VxRail, Cisco UCS).
- Microsoft SCCM, SCOM
- IT Service Management processes and tools (preferably Service Now).
Knowledge/experience with the following is advantageous:
- Microsoft HyperV
- IP Networking
- Load balancing
- Storage networking
- Automation technologies
Ability to excel under pressure and tight deadlines and work effectively in high stress situations.
Strong relationship skills and ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams.
Effectively work with the operations team members.
Applicants for employment in Turkey must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in Turkey.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of ARINT or an affiliated ARINT business may not be eligible for consideration.